The tree outside our front door has grown so large that it now rubs against the roof making a terribly annoying screeching noise as it slides along the rain gutter up there. Lacy heard this noise yesterday and promptly ran outside to investigate.
She ran back in frantically telling me there was a snake in the tree and it was trying to speak to her.
This was certainly within the realm of Lacy's pretend world, but I wanted to make sure the snake was definitely imaginary so I followed Lacy out to the front yard.
I silently watched as the following drama unfolded:
L: "Okay snake, I hear you. Speak to me."
SCREEEEECH.
L: "I can't understand what you are saying! Speeeeeak to meeee"
SCREEEEECH.
L: "Ooohhh... I think I understand... you don't speak English, you speak Spanish!"
At that point Lacy proceeded to holler her version of Spanish at the imaginary snake... of course the neighbors were there to witness my personal insanity as well.
Just another time I wished Lacy had her own personal camera crew following her around!
Saturday, April 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment