Randy and I had to attend another adoption meeting last night. I took the opportunity to ask a few more questions regarding the time line of adoption and was horrified to discover for the first time that we have a few more things to accomplish than I had anticipated.
Right now we are taking our parenting classes. In total we have to spend 24 hours learning about many different topics. In the near future we are supposed to be contacted by our home- study coordinator which involves four in-depth interviews in our home regarding EVERYTHING about our lifestyle. What they had failed to mention previously is that NOBODY involved with the San Bernadino county department of children's services is in ANY hurry to move this process along for us. When I asked about a general time line, I was told, "well it shouldn't take more than five months for it to be complete". Although I sat in my chair giving an appreciative nod and smile in response to this, I immediately started FREAKING out. "NO FREAKING WAY" I wanted to scream at her. She just shrugged at us and say, "Hey, this is county. Nothing goes quickly around here".
While Randy drove us home from our class last night, I sat in the truck quietly considering my options. Not surprisingly we are back to the same place we have found ourselves many many times before. Left only to rely on the grace of God.
How is it that after all of the blessings we have had, I STILL doubt? If someone were to take inventory of just the last 24 months, that alone would speak to the overwhelming evidence that God is working in our lives. Yet I fear (again) that this time it isn't going to work out.
We just have to pray that it all goes smoothly and quickly.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry that things don't seem to be going your way. As hard as it may seem, you have to try and be positive. These people are going to see how wonderful the two of you are, and there will be no doubt in their minds that you deserve to have L in your lives and that SHE deserves parents like you.
And hey - at least you don't have to wait nine whole months!! =) I'm praying for y'all!!
Hey Jo,
God is bigger then the county and bigger then county timelines. Your little girl will be home with you at the perfect time.
Praying for your family!
Hey, Jo. Thanks for the comment about Tank. He sounds like loads of fun. Good to know. Let me know how it goes with allergies and all...
So I'm sitting here thinking... how the heck does my sister know Meigan? They've been out of the country for five years... and suddenly it all made sense.
I know that the timing of this thing is probably going to be maddening... but I know that God is perfecting the timing and if this little girl is to be a part of your family forever, it will be clearly God's hand. Hang in there!
Post a Comment