Sunday, December 16, 2007

Can I get a little help here?

The morning of Randy's dad's funeral, I came home from a long night at work (I work from 6pm to 6:30am, and that night I had to attend THREE deliveries on top of my babies in the NICU!). Soooo... I was pretty exhausted and my day was only getting started. Randy was in the bathroom when I walked in and asked me if I would help him trim up his hair. He wanted me to make the back just a little bit shorter. I watched him place an attachment on the razor (which I assumed would allow some distance between the razor and his scalp). He handed me the razor and I began to "trim" up the back of his head. As I completed my first pass up the back, I was horrified to notice that things did not go as he probably intended...
.
.
.
.
.
.




Unfortunately for Randy, and very fortunate for myself, I am quite good at only being "horrified on the inside". Randy had no idea what I had done. I wasn't sure if I was going to tell him either. For a moment I reassessed my options. I could:

1. Continue as if nothing has happened, leaving a giant bald strip in the back, and just hope nobody mentioned it.

2. Attempt to "fix" the hair, again, without Randy knowing what I had done.

3. Fess up.

I was highly reluctant to tell him what I had done. Unfortunately, circumstances demanded that I take the high road. I couldn't let him go like this to a funeral for his dad, right? Or could I???

Yes, I told him and Randy had to shave his entire head that morning. Oopsie!

No comments: