Thursday, December 22, 2005

29 and counting...

Today was my... gulp...29th birthday. Or as I would prefer to remember it... the fifth anniversary of my 24th b-day. Either way I just feel older. I was told today that "30 is the new 20" but I will believe that when I see 20-year-old girls running around telling people they are 30. Not gonna happen. (But it was still a good thought, Jamie!!)

To make myself feel better, I started the day off at the gym. Turbo Kick Boxing class. As much as I would like to blame my age for such a pathetic showing (I don't think I am genetically capable of getting my leg that high... and now that I really think about it, when would I ever need to "slap someone with the laces of my shoe" (see picture) when I could just scream like a girl, run away... and let my husband take care of it!),

I must confess my physical stamina seems to be indirectly proportionate to the amount of units I am taking in school. (Next semester... 27 units! Does that mean I will be a fat lady who uses a scooter by the end of it all?) Golly I hope so. (this is NOT a picture of me...I would NEVER wear those sunglasses! ha)

So I took the class, and now I am crawling around the house because I pulled something in my back! Seriously, I hurt my back! I mean, a hamstring I could deal with... even hurting my shoulder would be tolerable... but having a bad back when I am already feeling low about getting older? I have to hobble to the bathroom and it nearly takes an act of God to get me where I need to be. Nice. Really freakin' nice.

Fortunately the day wasn't' a total wash... I got some really great gifts... and lots of phone calls... thanks everybody! Only 364 days till I have a complete meltdown!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

29...wow...29! I didnt realize that my brothee had married such an old gray mule!! ha ha!! you know i am totally kidding, because in a few short...and i mean short...years i will need you to listen when i turn 29! And i know i can count on you to toture me...i expect nothing less. in fact i will be disappointed if you do not make wise cracks. but enough about me lets talk about you, what do YOU think of ME?! ha ha! love you lots you old bag!!! see you at christmas!!!

Becky said...

Ya know... and I'm not just saying this... the 30s have been FAR better than the 20s ever were. Yeah... your body could withstand a whole lot more in your 20s... and you didn't get woozy on roller coasters... but you worried about really lame superficial things back then and wondered who you really were. Even though it's really strange to think that in less than 10 years your age will START with a 4... I'm lovin' the 30s. 364 days to start coming to terms with it, hon.