Tuesday, May 22, 2007

More News...

Today we went to one of eight parenting classes we are required to attend by the county. Since the location was about 45 minutes away from our house, we made sure to leave early in case we hit traffic. We ended up arriving 35 minutes before the class started. I hopped out of the truck and headed into the building to snag two seats. Now, we've found ourselves among some questionable individuals while working with San Bernardino county social services, but I have to say that this group was especially trashy. I admit that I may need to work on not being so judgemental, but these people were uber trash. Most of them were out front chain smoking, some folks were on cell phones having very loud and verbally aggressive conversations with someone on the other end, and all of the cars in the immediate parking area were pretty run down.

I casually walked through the group of people and entered the room. As I sat down I asked the woman at the front of the room, "is this the parenting class?" "yes" she confirmed, and then returned to setting up for her presentation. The instructor watched me as I set my folder down on the table and began to look for a pen. "Are you here for the adoption class? Because that is in the next building down."

I had mistakenly joined the parenting class for people who had their children taken by the court system due to abuse and neglect. oops. I quitely snuck out the back!

1 comment:

K said...

Ha, too funny!