Tuesday, November 13, 2007

You're a DOCTOR?

Lacy had a Dr. appointment today. Our appointment was at the pediatric teaching hospital with a resident MD. After interviewing us, the resident is supposed to go and run everything by the attending MD. So after we met with the resident, Lacy and I waited in the room for the attending MD to come into the room and talk to us. The doctor knocked on the door and as I looked up to greet the Attending Doctor (the head person!) I looked right into a very familiar face. Not a face I was expecting. I haven't seen this person in nearly eight years, when she had just failed out of her first year of medical school... evidently she made it through.

I can now say, based upon my personal experience, that it is not easy to take medical advise from a girl I used to party like a rock star with. It was a bit awkward in the room. I didn't think it was the best time to bring up the "old days" since neither of us probably remembered much... just a whole lot of tequila. I am sure that we are both glad to have those reckless days of being 22 and stupid very far behind us now.

1 comment:

holly* said...

thats so wrong and so funny at the same time....