We are doctor people. At least Lacy is. So I guess that makes the whole family "doctor people". Lacy can easily rack up a half dozen doctor appointments a month! With a chronic condition, that just tends to be the nature of our lives. This morning was a follow up appointment at the opthamologist. The doctor has decided to tweak Lacy's prescription and give her something stronger. She also suggested an eye patch.
DR: "I think Lacy could benefit from an eye patch"
ME: "Are you kidding me? She already has a trach and glasses, now you want an eye patch? While you are at it, why don't you throw in an order for crutches too!"
DR: didn't say anything, just looked at me like I was serious (and maybe a little obnoxious).
Lacy: (thankfully interrupting the growing awkwardness of the moment) Are you going to poke me? (I think we all remember how Lacy does with needles!)
DR: No, sweetie, in fact I don't think I even know how to poke!
Lacy: Oh, well what are we going to do about this problem?
ME: What problem?
Lacy: The doctor doesn't even know how to poke! That's a problem!
ME: ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
According to the Lacy Classification Scale of Medical Professionals, a doctor ought to know how to poke! Evidently a basic skill in Lacy's opinion! Regardless, I think the doctor could probably benefit from a personality, because from the look on her face she didn't seem to have one!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm with lacy, i thought all doctors knew how to poke. that ontop of not having a personality, something is up with that doctor.
Post a Comment