Look, I'm not here to complain about the fact that things wear out. I completely understand the concept of planned obsolescence, and I make my purchases accordingly. Eventually everything will wear out, give up, break down, and generally become useless! Therefore, I, the consumer
will be forced to purchase a shiny new piece of the American Dream (hand crafted in China) and continue the economic drive that provides each and every flag-waving American household with an average of three automobiles, two televisions sets, one computer, and a partridge in a pear tree! *
I do, however, take issue with the haircut that only looks good once! The haircut that makes you feel sassy. The haircut that makes the double-digit size of your jeans a moot issue! The haircut that allows you to believe that random strangers are staring at you because of your stunning beauty, not because you are on your cell phone using objectionable language at a decibel level previously unheard while "discussing" your alleged late payment with your credit card company in the middle of Macy's!
*
I want the haircut that looks great when I wake up in the morning. The cut that enables me to just "wash and go"! Am I asking too much? If these salons are bold enough to charge $60 for a haircut, am I wrong for asking for more than a three day warranty on the product? I suppose it is just another one of those things that I will have to accept, deal with, and move on.
2 comments:
Wow! That cut looks great on you! Glad you caught it on camera, that elusive thing we call salon ONLY hair. They can always make it look great and no matter how hard you try, it never comes close to looking as "rockstar" as they make it. P.S. that salon should charge you a lot more, your face looks really thin...are you scarfing and barfing?!! What is your secret Mary Kate?!
You really really really need to collect all these things you write and publish a book... then you won't ever have to work again.
Post a Comment