This time next week will mark the 1/3 point of the fall semester. 1/6 of my year. Trust me, I didn't think I'd make it this far. I know I said that last year too, but last year was different. Last year I wasn't sure if I could do it. I wasn't sure if the bills were going to get paid. I wasn't sure if the car was going to handle nearly 500 miles a week. I did. They did. It did.This year is different.
Every single day is a painful lesson in tedium. Don't get me wrong, I am eager to learn new things! But answer me this... where is the logic when I, an actual Respiratory Care Practitioner, licensed by both the state of California and the National Board Of Respiratory Care, an individual who provides life-saving patient care every night I work, must be forced to sit through nearly 50 hours of class time learning how to do things like, say, GIVE A NEBULIZER TREATMENT!!!! Hello?!? That is analogous to forcing a licensed contractor to take a class on hammering in nails! Painfully pointless.
I know that I have many days ahead of me that will serve a greater purpose. I have faith that I will eventually be rewarded with more knowledge and experience, but right now, on a day when I didn't get much more than three hours of sleep before crawling out of bed and speeding to class, I am soooo over it.
So I raise a toast to me! 1/3 of the way through this semester!
Ten points for my team!
1 comment:
Congratulations!
Post a Comment