Saturday, September 30, 2006

Too Tired For Words...

I was up around 4am this morning. Had to be at the hospital by 6am. (San Bernardino County Hospital aka the Knife and Gun Club of San Berdoo) After a day of hospital work I managed to fight my way through Friday afternoon southern california traffic to arrive home by 3:30 pm. But my day didn't stop there. Noooooo. I took a 45 minute nap (most sleep I've had all week) and then put my scrubs back on and headed off to ANOTHER hospital to work a second shift. It is now 3am, I just got home, and I am tired.

However, whenever I want to feel sorry for myself, I think about the woman at county hospital who was forcefully taken out of her home by her boyfriend, who then proceeded to call 911 to say that a woman had been shot. He held his girlfriend against her will until he could hear the ambulance near by. At that time he shot her in the back of the neck and fled the scene. He didn't want to kill her, he just wanted to make sure that she suffered the rest of her life as a quadapalegic. As it turns out, this is not an isolated event. Lately the hospital has been getting a string of this type of crimes. Because the ambulance is close by, they rarely die. They do, however, suffer tremendously. It is just unreal what people can do to each other.

1 comment:

K said...

It's so hard to believe that people can be so sick, so effed in the head. That's so sad.