
It's sunny and beautiful in Yucaipa today. As I hopped onto a crowded 10 fwy this morning to take Lacy to preschool, I noticed some darkness ahead of us. As we crawled into Redlands, I could barely see the few cars ahead of me.
Me: "Oh No! I think there is another fire around here. I better call Daddy and ask if there was anything on the news about it this morning". (I was at work till 6:30 am)
Lacy: "We should call Daddy." (hmmm... glad you suggested that, Lace...)
We called Daddy and he knew nothing... I decided to roll down the window and sniff the air (Cramers can feel free to keep their snide comments to themselves, thank you). It didn't smell like smoke. Maybe it was just really thick fog.
Me: Maybe it's not smoke.
Lacy: It's fog, Mommy.
Me: I don't know, Lacy. It's just so dark.
Lacy: It's fog, Mommy.
Let me digress for a moment to explain that a few weeks ago it was foggy out and I took the opportunity to explain to Lacy everything there was to know about the weather. It was a very big deal, and we discussed the intricacies of fog at great length... so I have no doubt that she holds her knowledge of all things weather-related in high regard.
Me: It's cold outside, and there isn't any ash in the air...
Lacy: Mom, I told you IT'S FOOOOOOOOGGGG!
Turns out it was fog. Her preschool teacher said so.
Lacy: See, I said so.

2 comments:
take this as just one in a long list of examples you will compile of how your kid is smarter than you are. <3!
Sniffing fog, huh? Nevermind... that one is too easy. But what's up with taking pictures while driving a car with a kid in it?
Post a Comment