It is now 7:33 am and I feel like I am already half way through my day. It's gonna be a long one! Our nurse called off last night, and Thurs night/ Fri mornings are always sticky. Randy has to be at his clinical site at 6am and I don't get home from work till 7am. Normally we have the one nurse that we trust working on that night. So this morning Randy dropped Lacy off at the hospital where I work at the crack of dawn! I managed to finish up all of my patient care, so I just had her follow me around and finish up any of the equipment I needed to put away. While I was working on a neonate transport ventilator, Lacy started asking me what color certain things were. She is no longer asking me out of curiosity, she has started quizzing me! (Yes she thinks we are peers) I answered every question correctly, but she insisted on telling me I was wrong! Finally she turned to me and said, "You are wrong! I am done teaching you!" I just don't know where she gets this stuff. Randy and I make it a HUGE point to be very gracious with her learning. Clearly she doesn't buy into our program.
We got home around 7am and Lacy was instructed to get ready for preschool. I placed her clothes on the bed (in the order they were to be put on her body) and told her that she is responsible to take care of everything. Lacy swiftly hid all of the clothes in different places around her room (I still haven't found her Cinderella underwear!) and told me that, "I just can't do it, I don't know where my clothes are". I found the rest of her clothes, pulled a new pair of underwear out of her drawer and this time told her, "You are not to leave the room until your clothes are on your body". Three minutes later she came out fully dressed. Shirt was on backwards and socks were crooked, but it was a good effort overall. I wonder what the rest of the day will bring!
Also... Lacy asked for a car the other day. A real car. On the road. Randy told her no... she grunted when he said no and then after thinking about it for a moment said, "but I asked NICELY!"
Finally, we recieved some lab work back yesterday and Lacy has a very nasty infection in her lungs right now. Evidently she is growing some pretty bad bugs. We were given a 10-day course of antibiotics for her with the "hopes that it will take care of it". I feel like such a dope (and Randy does too) we can't believe we missed that one! What did we do to get bugs like this in her? Did she come this way? If you are the praying type, please join us in prayer that her lung infection heals and that she has less secretions. We will begin the process to take her trache out this summer, and with the amount of secretions she has in her lungs, success will be difficult. I know that we have been blessed with so much in our lives, and I truly believe that Lacy has a genuine blessing on her life. I am hopeful that she will be healed!
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is so funny and wise beyond her years. =)
I'll keep her in my prayers! I'm sure she'll be better in no time!
Lacy is always in my prayers from the time that my girlfriends and I met her in Disneyland. ('ve got a few great photos of her).
Michelle from Canada!
Post a Comment