Saturday, February 02, 2008

Sugar Cookies a la Infidelity

I once worked with a lady who made the most incredible cookies. Seriously. Whenever she brought her cookies to work, the entire plate would be consumed within moments. Especially when I was around! On multiple occasions the recipe was requested, but she never allowed the secret to leave her family's grip. The recipe for both cookies and frosting had been passed down through her husband's family for generations. She was only allowed access to this knowledge post nuptials.

Rumor around work was that her husband was a womanizer. While she allowed herself to remain in the dark in regards to his lack of fidelity, I figured it was only a matter of time.

Our day of enlightenment came not long into the fall of 05. One afternoon she showed up at work completely devastated. She finally had undeniable proof that he was sleeping with another woman.

After the obligatory mourning period (about two hours) I hit her up for the secret family recipe.

She cracked. I have been making these cookies ever since!

2 comments:

holly* said...

ouch. well, at least some good came out of a bad situation...

i want a cookie.... not the recipe, just a cookie.

K said...

I'm trying to catch up on blogs...yuck. I'm way behind.

I can't help but smile at the way you got the recipe. Sneaky, sneaky, Jo. =)

All the pics of Lacy are so cute! I can't believe how ignorant some people are (in reference to Lacy's report from the preschool). You have to know that if that person were to read it to herself that it would sound perfectly fine.

It takes a special person to be able to do the job that you do with babies. I cried just looking at those pics. I just want to say thank you for the job you do. Having my own baby now has caused me to look at EVERYTHING in a whole new light.

And I want a cookie, too. =)