Even with a trach my kid is cuter than most.
We started the official adoption paperwork today. I was told that they traditionally "contract out" the adoption home study and it takes up to 18 months. However, she is new at this and wants to do everything herself, so she is going to do the homestudy and we should be done in closer to six months. Hopefully this will all work out.
Also, I spoke with the Respiratory Care Board of California and they told me we should have word on Randy's license sometime next week. Hot Dog.
Retirement here I come!
4 comments:
I see that we're getting closer to grasping the idea that "smile" does not necessarily also mean "close your eyes". Though I'm anticipating being able to take pictures of her as a teen with her eyes shut while smiling and compare them to these ones. Ah, the fun our little idiosyncrasies are. And yes... she's the cutest kid ever. :)
your kid seriously IS adorable....i think it is why i find myself addicted to your blog! lol! :) we just found out our middle guy's birthmom just had another baby....so as we await his arrival, we gear up to go down this path again, too. we have to get together soon....i'll tell ted to get on the ball!
brook :)
Hi Jo,
I just wanted to send you this website. They make reallycute trach ties. You can go on the site and request a sample. www.neotechproducts.com You can also order a case of 5 for $25. Sound a little much but they are made of wetsuit and you can leave them on for a few days at a time and you can reuse them over and over. They have royal blue, fushia pink, red hawiian, and green camouflage. We order size 7 and it was way too big. We ended up getting the size 6. Lacy may be able to wear the 7 since she is older. Hey who says that our trach kids have to look like medical supplies. I just love them. Let me know what you think!
Thanks
Amanda (Dani Jo's mom)
I just wanted to let you knwo that I read you blog all the time and I am in love with Lacy. She is very cute and seems to have an amazing personality give all that she has been through in her short life. Please keep the pictures comeing I love her smile even with the eyes closed!!!
Michelle,
Mommy to Stefanie 20/25 and on BiPAP at night
Post a Comment