My concern is this: for those of you not in the "know", we have night nurses who come to our house to watch Lacy. They get here at 11 pm and leave at 7am. We are required by her the pulmonologist to have said nurses in our home. Just as a second set of eyes. Unfortunately, Lacy does not need nursing. She simply needs respiratory care. While it seems simple enough, many of the nurses have NO IDEA how to run, maintain, or fix any issues that may arise with a vent. This just makes our lives miserable. Most of the time we have some crazy woman in the room next to ours doing nothing all night and we have to get up to check Lacy anyways. (I have fired five in the first three months!) In short, it sucks. That being said, I wonder how tonight's nurse is going to handle two "vents"! Will she get confused? Suction the wrong one?
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Meet EllaBella Bunny...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hola,
i had a trache bear. i think i still have him too. he's around my room possibly on my shelf of stuffed animals that don't have traches. i am now compelled to find him and take a picture and send it to you guys. lol
xoxo
michaelene
ellabella is way rad!
with hope your new nurse can handle the situation. you'de think since you're forced to have a nurse in your house, there would be one who was able to handle lacy's needs.
gl lady!!!
ps. THANKS FOR THE BDAY WISHES!!!!
What a good mommy/doctor/respiratory specialist giving EllaBella a trache. As far as the nursing goes I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!! I decided that since it was my child and my house and I know more about her condition than anyone else that takes care of her I was D/Cing the nursing! One came in smelling of cigarettes so bad that the whole nursery smelled and I had to wash everything. Two others wouldnt was their hands. One shook my daughter when her SATs dropped briefly to 94%, and yet another fell alseep on the floor. Maybe when her adoption is complete you can stop the nursing. Or maybe plead with the doctor to stop it since there are TWO!! Respiratory specialist in the house!!! For goodness sake!
All the best to you and Lacy! I love her pictures she is adorable. If you want to see my Stefanie my myspace page is www.myspace.com/michytavy.
Take care,
Michelle and Stefanie
Stefanie is 20/25 and on BiPAP at night
Post a Comment