Thursday, July 17, 2008

Livin' the Faith

I am convinced that Lacy is just one tambourine short of being a Pentecostal. It's pretty cute to watch, actually. While I, myself, fall into somewhat of a middle-of-the-road, slightly closeted Evangelical, her father tends towards the side-hugging, non-hand-raising Baptist. As a family we present a broad spectrum of the Christian faith. And it works for us.

Lacy has taken to seasoning her conversations with little gems such as, "I feel the Holy Spirit, amen!" and "In Jesus name, hallelujah". Mostly they are met with an eye roll from her father, and amusement from her mother.


This Sunday we are going to try (for the very first time) a local church. I am hopeful to make some new friends and allow Lacy the opportunity to grow up in a church the same way I did.

In another leap of faith, we are hoping to make an offer on a house nearby. I spent some time with a loan guy on the phone and he seemed positive about everything working out. We are still waiting for our pre-approval letter and then we can put in an offer on the house. The stress alone on this is killing me, but then I just remind myself, "we don't have to do anything!" and if it doesn't work out, it just doesn't work out, right? Right???
.
There are so many things that will have to "fall in line" for this to work out, that I am convinced more than ever it will totally be God's timing if it all comes together.

No comments: