Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Grampy Hats and Jacked Up Hair

This evening Lacy and I went out to my parent's house for dinner. Lacy had been asking for her Grammy and Grampy the past few days and let's be honest here, Lacy really needed some home cooked food!

Lacy played with her grandparents and managed to get herself a very fashionable Grampy Hat! I suspect it will be on her head for a month.

On the way home I stopped at Starbucks so I could take my sweet husband a little coffee while he worked tonight. Of course Lacy wanted some too. Upon delivery of her vanilla steamer, she said to me, "This is both delectable and delicious. Do you know what those words mean mom?"

"Um... yeah, Lacy". I was appalled! First, she was checking my vocabulary skills, and secondly, was she insinuating that I was not at her level intellectually! What the hell???

When the vocab test was over and after we delivered daddy his venti peppermint mocha, we headed home. With her Grampy hat still on, Lacy quietly fell asleep. As we pulled into our neighborhood she started to wake up and from the back seat I heard...

"AWWWW, MAAAAN! My hair is all jacked up!"

I about choked on my Starbucks! It took every ounce of strength I had to not utter a single sound. I could NOT let her hear me cracking up. Unfortunately, my silence was too much for her and she started yelling at me...

"DID YOU HEAR ME?!? I SAID MY. HAIR. IS. ALL. JACKED. UP!!!"

"Yes, Lacy. I hear you. I am sorry your hair is all jacked up, but that happens sometimes when you fall asleep with your hat on."

"Well, this sucks!"

I decided it was simply too late in the night to point out that little girls should neither use the term "jacked up" nor "sucks". I'll deal with that mess in the morning.

And by the way... the hat is still on! Probably to cover that jacked up hair!

No comments: