Monday, January 26, 2009

Holding Pattern

We are still in the same holding pattern. Lacy is still on oxygen. Actually, I just did a 45 minute "sprint" (where we take her off oxygen and watch her saturation to see what happens)... she finally crashed and burned on me and her oxygen was 77. Not that Lacy noticed one little bit. She was busy building something with her legos. I, however, secretly wondered how many brain cells we just bumped off in the process.

I once had a friend in college who had a theory... before every major exam he would go out drinking. His theory was that he was killing off the weak brain cells and they probably didn't serve any purpose anyway. Sometimes when I notice Lacy's color is off and I discover her oxygen sats are dangerously low, I think, "hopefully it was the weak brain cells that we are messing with!"

So far Lacy seems okay otherwise. Yesterday we took her (and the oxygen tank) to the movies (she is no longer contagious) and watched Hotel for Dogs. Lacy loved it. During the movie there was a scene where the story really got moving and they played some very upbeat music... Lacy was so excited, she jumped up and started dancing around in the isle... only to discover that when she went to sit down her chair had closed up on itself! She was pretty irritated. We were amused.

No comments: