Friday, May 22, 2009

Egg Hatching

This pregnancy has not been one of the easiest. In fact I spent some time up in labor and delivery last night because I was having pretty strong contractions.

In addition to all of the drama, with just under three months left, I am HUGE. Overall I have maintained the 30 lb weight loss from the massive 24hr sickness I dealt with the first half of my pregnancy, but my stomach is HUGE. Strangers have started to comment. I have taken to lying about my due date. "Oh my!" they say, "how many do you have in there! I bet you are going to deliver any minute". I usually agree and waddle along. Jerks.

Of course this did not escape Lacy's observation. Yesterday she walked past me rubbing my tummy with her hands and said, "Wow mom! You're really hatching a BIG EGG in there, aren't you?" um, thanks, Lace. "I bet those doctors are really gonna have to cut in there to get it out!" whaaaa? Let's just pretend I didn't hear her say that!

No comments: