Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Revenge of the "Toe"

Have you ever had one of those days when the shit just hit the fan? How about while you were standing under the fan? Even worse, as it hit, everybody said the shit was yours? Welcome to my life. (OK, so I admit I may have tossed a few turds into the mix, but what came out was hardly what I expected.) If you have followed my blog for any length of time, I am sure you have made the observation that I have very strong opinions. Occasionally my opinions tend to get me into a giant mess much like the one I'm in right now. And what does this mess involve?

Enter: Camel Toe, Stage Right.

Last weekend I was having a conversation with a co-worker about my experience with the respiratory program. As you can imagine, I voiced some of my opinions and then tossed in my personal take on Camel Toe. I said that I found her behavior thoroughly exasperating. (It’s possible that I was at bit more crude with my language. I think I used the term, "strong dislike". Ok, ok, I said that,” I can't find one redeemable quality about her.") I am of the opinion that she has elected herself the queen of morality, yet somehow does not abide by her own code. Because of that observation, (and having been the recipient of a multitude of nasty "shushes") I don't like her. Oh, and she has been in possession of insider information (aka tests from earlier this year) and passes them out to her little group. I may have mentioned that to the Co-worker as well. Based on her principles alone (or lack thereof) I am not one to judge. I just can't stand the fact that the Toe has gone to the program director (whom we will refer to as PD) on many occasions regarding student ethics and behavior, yet she crawls around in the darkness with her insider information. Unfortunately, what I failed to acknowledge before making such accusation to my co-worker, was that my co-worker was also my professor. Apparently this was one of the few times that he happened to actually be listening to me. My bad. Evidently Co-Worker went to PD last night after class. And the PD went to Camel Toe. As can be expected, within 45 seconds of Camel Toe's trial and execution (she denies all and was cleared... duh), the gossip and rumors were spreading like wildfire.

The rumor was: That I had gone to the professor and told him that Camel Toe had copies of the final which our class was about to take. And that PD had changed the final. I don't think that the class was all that concerned with the Toe as much as they were all concerned with their own grades in the class. Over the past few weeks, our instructor for the class had given us various "hints" regarding the final, and we were pretty well prepared for it. But if PD changed everything, it was possible that we might have studied all of the wrong information. And this could be bad. Real bad. Fail one class in this program, you fail the whole program. You can only imagine the tension among the students.

What happened last night was the phone-tree from hell. The Toe told Classmate 1, Classmate 1 told Classmate 2 and 3. As you can assume it just exploded from there! Within minutes I was Public Enemy #1.

I was made aware of this upon my arrival to class this morning. In a class of 34 people, only one person was willing to find out from me personally if the accusation was true. Nice. In the end, the exam had not been changed and the rumor totally untrue. In a group of the most dysfunctional people I have ever met, I am convinced that my exoneration will never be complete. People will probably hate me and surely gossip behind my back. How is different from the previous months? It's not. On the up-side, I don't have to take summer school with any of those jackasses because unlike 31 of the 34 members of my class, I ACTUALLY PASSED THE ASSESSMENT EXAM, and I am not required to attend. HA! (Sorry Kel. You know I’ve got nothin' but love for ya, but you suffer alone.)

I realize that I will never get clemency for my action. Probably don't deserve it anyways. I am even OK with the fact that people dislike me in a BIG way. I just want them to hate me for a legitimate reason. Not some stupid rumor.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least I'm not the only one in our family that occasionally runs off at the mouth around coworkers and gets myself into trouble...

-Becky

Anonymous said...

that was sooooooo a Isley moment! i love your story telling abilities...but next time maybe we think a little, not a lot, just a little before we open our mouth! Welcome to the family who shits on itself at least once a week! We actually have our foots permanently glued in our mouths! Very hard feat to manage!

loves ya,
larci lou