Last week, after our evening class, Randy and I went to the Downtown-Thursday-Night deal in Redlands. It's like a farmer's market - slash - street fair thing. As we walked down the street full of people, I zeroed in on the lovely booth full of knock off purses! Quickly I dragged Randy towards the prize and frantically began digging through faux Chanel, Coach, and Fendi bags. Unfortunately, they were all very obvious fakes. But on the other side of the table sat a pretty little purse that was very similar to one I had been coveting at Nordstroms. The purse (as you can see above) is made out of seat-belt material. Too cute! The sales girl told me that she was willing to make a 'deal' for many of the purses that night, and although the price tag only said $19, I didn't think to grab any cash earlier in the day, so I sadly left the booth and continued on down the street. Not 3 minutes into our journey, I spotted an ATM. Quickly I pulled $20 out and headed back to my booth with Randy in tow. As I got closer to the booth I suddenly realized that I hadn't considered that tax would be added to the price of the purse, and I only had that twenty dollar bill. So I walked up to the booth, grabbed my purse, handed the girl my $20 and said, "I'll give you twenty dollars for the purse". "Okay" she said, and the deal was complete. As I walked out of the booth with my shiny new purse, Randy just shook his head and said "Way to bargain, Jo... you just walked up to her and offered her MORE money for the purse than she was asking. Once again you cease to amaze me!"Wednesday, February 21, 2007
The Bargain
Last week, after our evening class, Randy and I went to the Downtown-Thursday-Night deal in Redlands. It's like a farmer's market - slash - street fair thing. As we walked down the street full of people, I zeroed in on the lovely booth full of knock off purses! Quickly I dragged Randy towards the prize and frantically began digging through faux Chanel, Coach, and Fendi bags. Unfortunately, they were all very obvious fakes. But on the other side of the table sat a pretty little purse that was very similar to one I had been coveting at Nordstroms. The purse (as you can see above) is made out of seat-belt material. Too cute! The sales girl told me that she was willing to make a 'deal' for many of the purses that night, and although the price tag only said $19, I didn't think to grab any cash earlier in the day, so I sadly left the booth and continued on down the street. Not 3 minutes into our journey, I spotted an ATM. Quickly I pulled $20 out and headed back to my booth with Randy in tow. As I got closer to the booth I suddenly realized that I hadn't considered that tax would be added to the price of the purse, and I only had that twenty dollar bill. So I walked up to the booth, grabbed my purse, handed the girl my $20 and said, "I'll give you twenty dollars for the purse". "Okay" she said, and the deal was complete. As I walked out of the booth with my shiny new purse, Randy just shook his head and said "Way to bargain, Jo... you just walked up to her and offered her MORE money for the purse than she was asking. Once again you cease to amaze me!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute purse!!
My brother and I were thinking the same thing! dork! thank god you are adorable!
I actually like that one, I think that is the first "designer" purse you have ever had that i was actually jealous about. Good Job
Post a Comment