For Christmas, Randy and I were given a pair of annual passes to Disneyland (how cool are my parents?). We were finally able to get away for an entire day and do the Disney thing!
In the rush to get out of the door and on the road to Anaheim, Randy forgot to bring a hat or any sunscreen for his big shiny head. So our first order of the day was to find him a hat. Where else would be go but the Mad Hatter!
Randy didn't really want to try on funny hats for me, but I managed to convince him to try this one! Could he look any more miserable?
I, however, had a blast with all of the different hats.
As to be expected, Randy found something in a nice earth-tone that didn't bring too much attention. I was amused to see that he bought a Grumpy hat, though.
By the time we finally found a hat, we realized that we hadn't eaten any lunch yet. We walked over to the Blue Bayou only to find out that they were booked up for the NEXT THREE DAYS! Sheesh! After a few more unsuccessful attempts to find something appetizing, we just left the park (because we can!) and had lunch at Downtown Disney
Sometimes I forget how pretty it can be in southern california!
After lunch we decided to check out California Adventure... There a two things that will turn Randy back into a little kid... firetrucks and airplanes. He loves them both. Randy knows more about planes than anyone I have ever met...
The minute we walked through this hallway with planes, he began explaining when each plane was built, what it is used for now, and any pertinent information regarding the plane.
I once was a skeptic when it came to Randy's vast knowledge of planes. Since I had no way to prove that he was wrong, I figured he was just making most of his information up. One day, I went online and found pictures of 15 different planes. Not only could he tell me the names of the planes, he could tell me who built most of them and what their purpose was and when they were used. I tell you, it's a little creepy sometimes.
Look at his eyes light up!
I wasn't all that excited about the planes, but I managed to find Heimlich!
"I'm a beeeautiful butterfly... but I'm sooo hungry!"
-HeimlichRandy also loves to look at plants and trees. He thought this pink one was very pretty.
In contrast, I enjoy cotton candy. I thought this pink selection was quite tasty!
Can't wait to go again!
3 comments:
Awesome!! It looks like y'all had an awesome day!!
Are those roots I see?
Soooooo funny! Seriously Randy was probably soooo bummed that he didnt get to have his fave thing at the blue bayou...monte cristo! Love all of the pics...especially the one of our little Heimlich, "i am a beautiful butterfly...but i am sooo hungry!" love it!
Post a Comment