Thursday, February 08, 2007

McFatty

Since today was yet another long day, I decided to scrap any plans of making dinner and just do the drive-thru thing. I pulled up to the golden arches and ordered. After handing my credit card to the first window, I obediently pulled up to the second window. There the smiling McDonalds worker cheerfully asked me to pull up into the parking lot because they were waiting for my "fresh batch of hot fries" yeah, right, whatever. As I pulled into to the fastfood purgatory, I looked at the folks in the 1994 Chevy Astrovan parked alongside me. Two women wedged into the front seats, waiting for their McSupersized bounty. Feeling a little guilty in judging them, I sucked in my stomach and sat a little taller... you know, to elongate my otherwise rotund stature. After a few minutes, my guilt subsided and I began trying to get a good look at them. As the time ticked away, I could see the ladies getting more and more agitated. Clearly delirious with hunger. After six minutes of shifting themselves back and forth in their seats, the passenger was instructed to, "figure out what the hell is going on in there". As I unsuccessfully scrambled around for my cell phone (to get a picture of this for my blog), the passenger door opened and the van began to dip to the side. Slowly she slid out of the seat, until her pudgy feet managed to reach the ground. As she made her way for the door, her momentum increased. Thighs smacking together, belly fat smacking up and down against her legs, she charged into the restaurant and began to frantically bob her round head and wave her sausage-like arms. I chuckled at the show in front of me. Quickly she was handed three bags and two sodas which she feverishly placed on the table beside her and began to count every single item she had received. After stuffing the food back into the bags, she reemerged through the front doors headed straight for her minivan. As she reached the car door, she turned to me and between breaths informed me to, "go ahead and get in there and find my food because those idiots just forgot about everybody out here". "Thanks, I'll take that under consideration" I replied. As I finally got a good look at her face I thought Oh my goodness, she is probably my age. As she heaved herself back into the van, I turned my engine on and drove away without our dinner. Best $10 I ever spent.

1 comment:

K said...

Smart. Very smart.

I love the way you write - I can picture every facet of your Mickey D's experience as if I was there. Nastiness.