Saturday, September 22, 2007

Meeting The Cousins...

Yesterday I took Lacy to my parent's house for the first time. She had a BLAST with her grandpa Mike and Grammy Judy. Unfortunately I left the camera in the WRONG FREAKING CAR so I have no pictures. I know... I am still kicking myself! It was a pretty cute time together. On the way home she told me, "Mommy, that Mike is a pretty smart boy!" Clearly she's a quick study on people!
















Today we went to the OC for a baby shower for Randy's cousin Staci. After a few minutes in the car, Lacy was completely asleep (she was already on her vent). I made Randy pull over so we could reassess the situation and try to sit her back up. This is what we found...







.






.






.







.






After an hour of watching her every move and her vent settings with a tad bit of anxiety that something was going to go wrong (nothing did, she was just fine) we arrived at our destination. Lacy was going to meet her cousin Mac...











Also present was the infamous Matthew James (he is by far the best character in this entire family... and I personally ADORE him). In addition, it was my love for Matthew that really sent me towards adopting a special needs child. So Matt means a lot to me. Matthew refers to himself as the Great Grand Uncle to Lacy and Mac. He is the most loving and sweet guy with them. In this picture Lacy was feeding Matthew his third box of candy. Matt was happy oblige.




















You only have to be around Lacy for 30 seconds to recognize that she has somewhat of a strong personality. Since we met her I have been curious how Lacy would respond to another child with the same personality type. Mac tends to have the same strong personality. As I expected, Lacy let Mac know who was the Alpha child in this relationship. I suspect that when we visit Mac's house, the terms of this relationship will shift... but it was pretty amusing to watch Lacy control the whole thing.






Mac was a pretty cool cucumber about everything, he just went about his business and didn't think anything of it. I like his style. I think I caught him checking out Lacy's butt...


















Lacy was cracking me up, jumping in the air and landing on her bottom. Once I started laughing, it was all over, she was jumping over and over and over again!












As my laughter slowly ended, I was standing off to the side crying (just a little). I couldn't believe that a week ago, Lacy had never experienced a family event. And now, here she was with family everywhere. She has grandparents who love and adore her, she has a cousin to play with and a huge family that treats her like she has been here all along. It was an emotional moment for me.

Just before we left, Uncle Jim gave Lacy a pumpkin. Lacy talked about the pumpkin and Uncle Jim all the way home. I think she was pretty impressed with them both!

She will be the first to tell you, "My name is Lacy Isley!"

1 comment:

K said...

Jo, those pictures had me crying from laughter!! I can only imagine how hilarious it must've been to see this in person.

It seems as though Lacy is fitting into your family perfectly. God couldn't have brought a more perfect family together. =)