Sunday, September 30, 2007

Road Trip

Lacy wanted to put a blog in about her very first road trip... so here you go... Enjoy!




This weekend was my first road trip in my entire life. Mommy and Daddy took me up north to a wedding. We spent three days at Great Grandma's ranch. What was supposed to be a four hour drive became closer to seven due to a pit stop for dinner, a wrong turn on the 5 freeway, and six or seven meltdowns. Fortunately I am doing much better now, and once we made it over the river and through the woods, thing rapidly improved!

Less than an hour into our drive, I managed to pee through my clothes, so daddy had to stop the car at the nearest grocery store and buy some towels to clean my seat up. Meanwhile, mommy stripped me down to my diaper and found some new clothes for me to wear. I spent my time in the front seat watching them clean up my mess.
We finally arrived safe and sound at our hotel around 2 am. Luckily I was able to sleep most of the last hour... but mommy and daddy were awful tired! You can only imagine how hard it was for them to get up with me at 6:30 am the next morning... but they did! They even had breakfast for me!!!








Around 9am we headed over to the ranch to meet up with the rest of the wedding party. Necho, the farm manager took me and five other kids on a hay ride to see the cows. Mom held on real tight so I wouldn't fall out. I think she was more worried that I ever was.





Necho let us feed the cows some hay... I had never seen a cow before, this was my very first time.

After the hay ride, I went with my dad to look at horses and a very loud, very fat donkey. He let me touch his nose and it was wet. Yuck!

I found a very friendly doggie named England. He let me pet him as much as I wanted. One time I was holding on to his tail when he started to slowly walk away. I forgot to let go and he pulled me on my belly in the dirt. I thought this was pretty funny. Mommy and Daddy didn't let me take England home, but I will get to go see him again soon!I think the best part was playing with my dad. Earlier in the day I had one of only a few accidents in my pullups... I ran ahead of him to the bathroom, pulled down my pants and the big poop that was in my diaper rolled down my leg over my dress and onto the ground. I didn't notice any of that because I was trying to get myself onto the potty (like a big girl) and in the process, I stepped in the poop as well. But daddy didn't get mad. He cleaned me up, got me new clothes, and even scrubbed the floor. He is pretty good to me!The wedding was beautiful and the weather was perfect! I had a little trouble understanding that I needed to stay quite for a few minutes, but mommy took me to the back and explained all of the details regarding that. Fortunately the service was outside and I wasn't too loud!This is me and my new family at the ranch last night. I really love them.Before we left for home, daddy and mommy taught me how to climb a tree! Early in the afternoon we all piled back into our car and headed home. I didn't have one single meltdown. My mom and dad were so proud of me. I think we are going to be a very happy family!

No comments: