I have been terribly neglectful of my blog it seems. So much has been going on around here, even more than just a move. Let me fill you in...
First: We moved.
At 4pm Tuesday afternoon, Randy and I went to pick up our moving truck. To my horror the truck was WAY too big. I about had a melt-down on the spot. There was NO WAY we were going to be able to get that truck into our apartment complex. Completely impossible. I had no idea what we were going to do. This was not normal. Over the many years Randy and I have been together, I have always been the "fix it person". Now, he can fix anything that breaks, but when the dung hits the fan, I am usually the one with an escape route. I just stood there and panicked. Randy looked at me and said, "it will be fine". I don't know why (never really have before) but I just trusted that he was right! It would be fine. Randy would take care of my mistake.
At 7:30pm Lacy had one of her "old school" tantrums: screaming, kicking, biting... I picked her up to get her into a space we could manage her and away from all of the crapola that was all over the place due to the move... and I tripped and sprained my ankle pretty badly. I was devastated. For the first time I actually wanted to help move. I didn't want Randy to do everything (like he has done for the past five moves)! I really wanted him to be proud of my hard work and now I was hopping around like a gimp. I sucked it up, wrapped it in an ace bandage and started the move.
Around 8pm we began to take our stuff out of the apartment and into our parking space, so we could eventually pull the truck into the complex and stuff it all in very quickly.
At 11pm Randy managed to back the truck into the apartment and we began to load it. We continued to load until 5:30am when Lacy woke up (so we sent the nurse home) and we finished packing her things then we drove to our new home.
Later in the day family members showed up to help out (Thanks David, Larci, Grams, Kyle, Nat, and Billy). We cooked dinner and managed to crawl into bed just before midnight. I think we were up close to 42 hours, and then had 5 hours of sleep to recover. No Joke. Randy and I ROCK!
The days following have all been somewhat of an exhausting blur. Randy had to go back to work, so Lacy and I have been spending every. single. second. together. It's been hard. Lacy has been having some behavior issues. I am not surprised at all because of the move and with Randy working more, but it is difficult none the less. I am doing my best to not be her friend anymore, but be her mom and she is revolting against me every way she can. I have found myself telling Randy what she does and asking him to take care of it when he gets home from work. Not good. I need to stand on my own two feet with this kid. Mostly, I really miss Randy. It is hard to do this stay-at-home deal.
My prayer is that I can find some friends that live in my area. I could really use a good friend right now.
Okay, Lacy is done with her Elmo video and I need to get back to being a mom... sorry everything is so scattered! I will do my best to post again... once I unpack my camera I can get some pics up too!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Trev and I have done some pretty crazy things like that too. Expect it to take a while to adjust and be patient. I know, I know, patient sucks. Stay-at-home mom stuff can REALLY suck. No one tells you just how devastatingly lonely it can be. It gets better. You'll figure Lacy out, and she'll figure you out. Hang in there, wild thing. Love you!
that sucks! i'm sorry to hear about your bum foot. i hope everything goes well from here!
I must've missed something! Are you not working anymore at all?
I can't imagine what it must be like adopting a child. To go from befriending them to parenting them must be tough. From what I can see (er, read), you are doing a fine job. =)
Moving sucks no matter what, and something will always go wrong.
Post a Comment