Evidently we have moved into a neighborhood full of teenagers. That, in itself, is not such a big deal. The problem arises when the kid three houses down sends his parents away for a nice summer vacation and then proceeds to invite 250 of his closest friends over for a little get-together!
I'm not as offended by the whole process as much as Randy is though. Didn't we all do something like that when we were kids? In my early 20's I recall spending more than one summer night highly inebriated at the annual soiree hosted by none other than the Isley children every time their parents went on their summer vacation. I don't have much of a recollection of police showing up and fist fights in the front yard, but then again I had to have my trusty roommate pick me up and drive me safely home more than once. By the way, thanks Sabrina.
Randy, however, is pacing around our house and muttering "damn kids" over and over like some old fart. He is TRULY offended and as to be expected, I am highly amused.
About 30 minutes ago, there was a drunken fight involving close to 75 teenagers in the middle of our street. Of course the cops came and they all scattered like roaches. Randy's response? "Damn kids, what the hell is wrong with them today?"
Brand new Ford F150s, BMWs, and Chevy Suburbans full of teenagers that lined the streets as far as our front window could see were peeling out and pulling to the next location.
UPDATE: As I was writing this, a paramedic fire truck pulled up followed by an ambulance. Randy and I gave up all sense of decorum and just stood out in the front yard watching the parade of drama.
We watched some emo kid (as you can see in the link, the fashion rage in this arena is for guys to wear girl's skinny jeans and it always looks like they are wearing their girlfriend's clothes) that managed to be on the receiving end of a pretty serious beat-down get put into the back of an ambulance. I know it's totally cruel, but Randy and I couldn't help but snicker as they pushed the gurney into the ambulance. Randy said, "his girlfriend is going to be totally pissed when they cut her pants off of him in the ER, you know those were her favorite jeans and he promised not to ruin 'em"! By the way, I have seen it happen in the ER... kids begging for us to NOT RUIN their clothes so we can save their lives.
Once the party was over, we could see alcohol bottles all over the front yard. Seriously, I'd give twenty bucks to see the inside of the house. You know it is THRASHED.
Before we returned to our home, we considered getting some chalk and drawing the outline of a body in the kid's front yard and putting some crime scene tape around it. (OK, it would have to be imaginary crime scene tape, because we really don't have any on hand.) Tell me that wouldn't be funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh come on. lacy doesnt have some spare sidewalk chalk laying around?
Reading this makes me reminisce if the good 'ole days...Senior year of high school, college...oh the parties.
You SO should've done the chalk outline. Doesn't Lacy have some sidewalk chalk in her closet or something? It could've been pink. =)
Probably want to park the cars in the garage on the weekends...
well...
1. who likes emo kids anyway?
2. sidewalk chalk is a great idea.
3. if Randy wants to get back at them, next time take pictures and anonymously send them to the parents. :) or say to them "hey i saw that party your family was having the other night" and have them go "what party!?!?"
i did that 2nd one. cuz some girl gave me a dirty look around the block when i've lived here longer than her. haha!!!
and how dare she...
Post a Comment