Lacy announced her arrival at the stranger's homes with "Trick or treat, smell my feet!" and then departed with, "Thanks, I gotta split"
For a while Lacy helped me pass candy out at our house. After a rather large group traveled through, she turned to me and said, "boy, those people really like OUR candy, don't they?" and followed that with, "I think that's enough, mom. We should probably keep the rest of the candy for ourselves."
When the night was finally over, Lacy was able to pick ten pieces of candy out of her bag to keep while the remainder were placed in a bowl for the Halloween Fairy. The Halloween Fairy picks up any extra candy we choose to donate and then gives that candy to children that don't have a mom and dad to take them trick or treating. Sometimes the Halloween Fairy will leave you a small toy in return. Lacy insisted we leave a note for the Fairy, so that she did not mistakenly take the wrong pile of candy. 
2 comments:
That sounds like a great halloween! She really made that outfit work. I love that she said the line "I gotta split"! She is mini me to a tee! Love ya guys...Aunt Larci Lou
omg...you are freaking BRILLIANT! seriously, mom of the year material!
brook :)
Post a Comment