This morning Lace woke up with more than just her standard bad 80's hair and delicately crossed eyes, she also has a new imaginary friend.
It's barely 8 AM and so far Little Guy, as she refers to him, has watched a little TV with her, gone poop (we were all called into the bathroom to applaud his imaginary efforts), and helped her with breakfast, "he just wants a few bites, really".
.Lacy totally commits to the character. She refuses to use her left hand because she is busy holding Little Guy, appropriately named for his size! I am notorious for trying to get her to break character, but she is pretty intense about that fourth wall. The one and only time she did forget about her character was quite memorable...
.
One morning she asked me if she could give her baby zebra a bath in her sippy cup. I pulled off the top and she carefully put imaginary baby zebra in the cup and returned the lid. A little while later I caught her drinking from said sippy cup. In the most freaked out voice I could use, I said to her "LACY! YOU JUST DRANK BABY ZEBRA!!!!!!!!" Her usual expression turned to horror as she sprayed every drop of water that was in her mouth across the room. She scrambled to her knees to look for imaginary baby zebra while I stood there trying not to pee on myself from laughter.
.
To this day Lacy refuses to bathe any more imaginary animals in her sippy cup!
.
For those of you concerned about baby zebra, he was fine. She found him next to the couch in a puddle of water.
No comments:
Post a Comment