Over the past few months, Randy and I have been starting the process to adopt another child. One of the pieces of paperwork we desperately needed was permission from our landlord to add additional children to the home. Yes, imagine that, we wanted to add additional children to a nearly 3,000 square foot home.
Well, we received this yesterday from our landlord (or Satan's right hand woman, as I prefer to now call her)... "Your desire to increase family size through adoption was not indicated when we signed the contract, I prefer to leave the contract as it is unless your family size is increasing through natural birth. We can discuss the issue when the current lease is expired and if you desire to renew."
The fact that she will not allow a family to adopt while living in her home is downright cruel. So far I have spent most of last night wishing all sorts of terrible things upon her. What really sinks me into a new level of depression is the fact that in nine months when our contract ends, we have to pack our stuff up and find YET ANOTHER home. It's pretty obvious that a rent increase will be part of the new "family package" if we decide to stay... and no, I will not stay here.
Note: I found a beautiful craftsman-style house for sale in downtown... hmmm... but do I really want to live in the DOWNTOWN area?
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm sorry. :( This might not take away the discouragement... But I DO know that things will work out for you right at the perfect time. You know how I know that? You're raising a little girl who is a walking testimony to things working out and the perfect time. Hang in there and go by yourself a nice princess dress... and a juice box. It'll make you feel better.
I wish the same thoughts with you. I can't believe that a human being would tell you no. I want to tell you when I am down and out I just look and see what Lacy (AKA Wild Child) has done today. You and your family are a great inspiration to all who reads.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. And in the mean time lets hope the wicked witch falls off the face of the earth.
Thanks for the joy you and your family bring into my life.
Teresa
I'm sorry your landlord wouldn't agree to let you guys bring in another beautiful blessing into your home. You should show her and have "QUADS" the natural way!!!
love
lis
Wow. She is evil!!!
save that letter. thats pretty blatant discrimination. those children you would like to adopt were born through natural methods, just not your vagina.
i'm really, really angry right now. i will have to return to post more curse words.
I'm SO thinking this IS in fact discrimination! Call all your lawyer friends and check into it! I'm serious- and she was dumb enough to put it in writing! It's so not okay to tell someone that they can't adopt, but they can give birth. Now I'm FIRED UP!
Dude, that's discrimination. I would seriously look into it. What a bitch.
jo!!!!!!!!!!
oh my if you want i will come down and rough that crappy woman up. i can do it. maybe that is just a sign that you need to move to the central coast.:) i can't wait to read all your blog posts to get caught up on your life. i am excited about your adoption story. adoption is so near and dear to my heart. (and to our heavenly Father's heart!!!!!!!!!!)you can follow the harris family ( i know you must have tons of spare time now....hehehehe.) at praiseworthytreasures.blogspot.com
let's keep in touch now.
love,
julie
i think it is discrimination, too. did you discuss with her your methods of birth control when you signed a contract, too? i hate stupid people. lol at the person who said have quads...lol.....was there anything in your contract about fertility drugs? seriously......things like this really piss me off. consider it a blessing......move out of her house, and find a landlord with a heart. good luck to her on being able to rent that house out again....i've seen the stats in that area....there are so many freaking foreclosures that there will soon be an entirely new crop of rentals...probably for less money. in 9 months the market is supposed to be lower as well, maybe you will be blessed with a house you can buy, in a price range you like, where you actually pay less each month than you do now, in a house where you can pack the bedrooms FULL of children who need a family!
grrrrrrrr.
brook
Post a Comment