Saturday, January 31, 2009

Le Belle Artiste

Lacy has discovered the Paint application on my computer. She loves it because it's fun. I love it because no actual paint is used (or knocked on the floor) in the process...

Tonight she decided to work on her art. After completing this first "painting", I told Lace that she had to give it a name. She told me it would be called, "Something about a big building that collapsed and fell over". I told her she needed to shorten it up a bit and just use one word. "Collapsed" she said. "I want to call it Collapsed"! Cool.




Fifteen minutes later, Lacy finished up her second masterpiece. She told me she couldn't think of the word for it, but she wanted to call it "that thing in the back of your throat that makes you throw up". "Ummm... your gag reflex?" I asked... "YES! I want to call it Gag Reflex". Classic!



For her third attempt I showed her how to use circles... when she was done I said, "Wow, that sort of looks like an olive!" "Yes" she answered, "It's called Olive and Onion"



And for her final piece... she calls it "Fish Painter".


Yeah, my kid rocks!

1 comment:

Becky said...

You'll have to do a gallery opening one of these days.