"I'm ready to wake up" is Lacy's morning battle cry. She will usually give it a shot around 6:30 in the morning... it is followed by us yelling back, "No you are not!"
Fortunately Lacy is pretty good about amusing herself until 7, unfortunately we keep a baby monitor next to her bed so we get a front row seat to her ENTIRE morning monologue from the time she wakes up to the time we take her off the vent.
Now, I am not complaining here... but we get up multiple times throughout the night to walk down the hall and just check on Lacy, making sure her vent circuit isn't all twisted around her head, checking her heart rate on the monitor... just the usual stuff. It's not a big deal really, it's our normal stuff. In addition, we keep a baby monitor next to our bed so we can count her breathing rate throughout the night and hear any alarms that might start sounding. So as you can imagine, Randy and I don't tend to wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed.
Lacy, however, wakes up going 100 miles an hour and chatting nonstop.
This morning was an especially rough one... my husband came home from work around 7am as I was dragging myself out of bed to release the Tasmanian Devil off of her ventilator. I stumbled into her room to find her bouncing on her bed singing at the top of her lungs.
I looked at my husband for SOME explanation to this madness... he had the perfect response:
"Of course she is all revved up... when she goes to sleep at night, she doesn't even have to BREATHE for herself... imagine the rest you'd get if your body didn't even have to work to breathe?"
Hmmm... if only.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds all too familiar!!!! If it's any comfort, you know you are not alone..... I like "release the Tasmanian devil." All too true!
Post a Comment