Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today...

Had the amnio today. It hurt, but it was mostly a psychological thing. The ultrasound didn't show us much either way. Basically according to my blood work, I have a one in one hundred thirty chance to have a kid with Downs. The ultrasound was unable to increase or decrease those odds. In two weeks I will get conclusive results.


The doctor that performed the amnio was pretty cool. When he asked me if I had any questions before he got started my neurotic side kicked in and I said, "Yeah, do you do many amnios on chubby girls?" His response was classic... "Honey, compared to IE chubby girls (Inland Empire - the area of SoCal that I live in), you are skinny! Come work with me for a day, you wouldn't believe what I have to see!" I cracked up laughing. What a great sense of humor!


Randy and I made it home from our 8:30 appointment by around 11. I just wanted to relax, and he needed to get some sleep before his shift in the ER tonight. Lacy was absolutely awesome. She spent most of the time amusing herself. When I finally managed to crawl off the couch, this is what I found her doing:


Lacy is teaching herself to write her numbers! Sometimes when she is completely overwhelming me, I need to step back and realize how cool and low maintenance she really is. She loves to sit at the table her Grampy made for her and work on all of her "paperwork". I really couldn't have wished for a better kid!

Oh... and by the way... it's gonna be a little girl!

1 comment:

julie said...

and a very special and wonderful littlegirl she will be. i can't wait...........!
love you lots!
julie