Friday, March 06, 2009

The Mystery is History



I guess Lacy wasn't spiraling downhill as I suspected. After all of the itchy/can't swallow drama, I let her sleep a few more hours and she woke up all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed! Phew! Just to be sure we hung out on the couch and watched a few movies.

Around 3 yesterday afternoon we decided to go check out Disneyland for a few hours. Yesterday would have been Gramp's 59th birthday and we wanted to have a little celebration.

We picked up Grams and headed off to the OC...


Lacy decided she would wear her Snow White costume and I gave her fabulous hair (with curls that promptly fell out - oh well). Since we were there for about three hours, we only managed to ride a handful of rides, the last one was Pirates of the Caribbean. While in line, a lady behind us repeatedly referred to Lacy as Snow White. Needless to say Lacy was not amused. Lacy is simply too concerned with the specific words people use, and doesn't find it funny or even mildly amusing when, once corrected, a person continues to make the same error.
.
The first time the lady called her Snow White, Lacy very kindly informed her that, "My name is Lacy and this is just a dress". Obviously too dense to get the hint, the woman continued to call her Snow White. Not surprisingly, the woman ended up sitting IMMEDIATELY behind us on the boat during the ride and continued attempting to talk to Lacy. As our boat began to travel through the ride, Lacy turned to me and said, "Mom, why the HECK is that STRANGER calling me Snow White? I told her it was JUST A DRESS!" I found this wonderfully amusing, because the "stranger's" ears were not eight inches from my own and Lacy was speaking in a very loud voice. "It's JUST A COSTUME, MOM. I AM NOT SNOW WHITE". Grams jumped in and did some damage control so this Lady would 1. not feel stupid, and 2. hopefully get the hint. She didn't.
.
As we came to the end of the ride and began to climb off of the boat, the stupid lady turned to Lacy and said, "Have a great night Snow White, it was nice to meet you." Lacy about flipped her lid. She turned directly to the woman and said at the top of her voice, "I AM NOT SNOW WHITE, I'VE TOLD YOU THAT ALREADY... THIS IS A COSTUME."
Man, I love this kid!

No comments: