
Randy and I spent a wonderful weekend away at Pismo Beach. We were lucky enough to join the "fam" at the beach for food and fun! As usual, there was more food that we could possibly eat and every bite was perfect! We met up with Randy's family, including aunt, uncle, and cousins on Saturday morning. The drive up the coast was just over three hours and although the weather was a bit cool and windy, it was great to feel the sunshine and smell the

saltwater! Not long after finding our campsite, we drove north to visit with my parents who were at a local art show. I was (of course) thrilled to head down to the pier to partake of fresssshhh calamari and oysters! They were so tender, Randy and I plowed through the entire order in no time at all. I can say, however, that it will be a while before we do that again... we ate sooo much! Of course we had to top the calamari

binge off with salt water taffy! Thankfully Randy and I both like different flavors, so we didn't have to share... ok, ok... Randy didn't have to share with ME because I didn't really like the flavors HE picked out.

So in response to his lack of selection, I only allowed him to sniff the wrapper of one of my candies, just so he could get an
idea of how good it was! Delish! The drive home was the only downer of the weekend. Our caravan pulled out at 11 AM and we didn't arrive home until nearly 7PM. It was long and slow. Fortunately we had walkie talkies to amuse ourselves with. In our caravan of four (two trucks with fifth-wheel trailers, one SUV with a camper, and our little car) each vehicle had a walkie talkie with a one-mile radius. We all picked "call names" but I couldn't keep any of them straight. Randy rolled his eyes every five minutes when I asked him who was who... especially when I couldn't remember my own! I finally wrote them all down on a napkin to keep them straight. I think I may have my mother's short-term memory issues! All in all, it was an absolute blast and we are already gearing up for our next family event! We can't wait to get our own trailer. Hopefully next summer we can get one!
2 comments:
wheres the picture of the squirrel? why do you look so "crabby"? ha ha ha...dont mind my crappy jokes, i am just exhausted from the not so relaxing vacation and really sun burnt, oh AND windburnt! hugs and kisses!
Hey is it just me or was there an ungodly amount of mosquitos at Pismo. I just left this ,morning and Im covered in bites
Post a Comment