
Tomorrow I head over to my sister's place to help her pack. While this may be totally normal for most people, this is really an event in both of our lives. Saying that we have never been close is an UNDERSTATEMENT. Somehow my parents managed to produce three completely different children. Not a similar one in the bunch. We have spent most of our lives tolerating the other person and generally disagreeing about how life was supposed to be. But recently we have both made some very big changes in our lives. I finally grew up and she has finally regressed. (Becky came out of the womb as a 40 year old woman). Somehow we have found eachother in the middle.
I am super excited to see her move to Indiana (Go Hoosiers! whatever that is...) to become a doctor... of education (I got her some surgical scrubs anyway). But I am sad that she will be so far away from the family. Often I wonder if we will eventually end up in the same town, raising kids together or if life will just get in the way. Either way, I've already checked on plane tickets to the mid-west and I can't wait to see what life holds for her. As long as she gets packed in time to move...
No comments:
Post a Comment