It's nearly 2:30am. I was up at 6am for school this morning, and I have to be up again at 6am. Class gets out around 4pm and I head to work at 6pm. I've done the calculations and between school and work, I am committed to over 80 hours a week. Currently I only sleep for about 3 hours a night on half of my weeknights, and weekends I will be working 12 hour shifts. Yet all of that is so meaningless and petty in comparison to what I experienced tonight.
I worked with a team trying to save a man's life for nearly 2 hours. By the time his wife was able to make it to the hospital, things were looking very grim. So there I stood, at the head of the bed. As I was giving this sweet man his final breaths of life, his wife of 60 years came into the room to say goodbye. She held his hand and thanked him for everything. She reminded him that he was the love of her life for all of those years and still would be.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment