.
.
This is the hotel we checked into. Notice the giant stain on the wall and the "floating headboard"
.
The doorway
Lacy didn't care the the hotel was scummy... she just wanted to have a blast at Disneyland!
.
.
Mickey ears on...
Let's go!!!!!!
First stop, the tea pots, of course!
She couldn't go fast enough!
.





bedroom

We ordered room service...




When we got back from the rides, we found our beds turned down and ready for us to get some sleep! Very cool!
Playing snuggle bears with aunt Larci!
Just got her hair and nails "did", she is ready to meet some Disney Characters... In fact, I have discovered that the cuter your kid is, the more attention they get from the Disney characters. Whenever we put Lacy in a princess dress, she tends to score more photo opportunities than when she is in regular street clothes. It is possible that she gets a few extra points for the trach, and I am sure a few more for the glasses (they are so freaking cute!), but regardless... if you want to score some awesome pictures for your kiddos, invest in a princess dress. Unless of course you have a little boy.. but then again, I have a feeling that more than one of those male cast members owns a princess dress of their own!
Buzz rules!

Show me some muscles!



Almost got to meet Mrs Incredible!

The photographer who really hooked us up! He took Lacy around and introduced her to most of the characters. (While other, less attractive kids, went ignored)
A personal greet with Mickey himself!
Randy and Larci wanted to get a picture with the wicked witch. I had noting to do with this one, Lisa!

Our final ride of the night was the Matterhorn! Lacy's first time on this ride was earlier in the day. Half way through the ride she said, "I'm done, mom! I want to get off". The ride was pretty bumpy and wild, I felt badly that she had to stay on till the ride was over. I was worried that she'd freak when we went past the mosters, but as to be expected, she loved that part. By the time we pulled up to the end of the ride Lacy wanted to, "...GO AGAIN and see the monsters!"


After a few rides at Disneyland, Lacy finally crashed out for her afternoon nap. Randy and I discussed the possibility of finding a new hotel room at the Disneyland resort. I figured that we might be able to get a deal on a room because we were officially in the slow season... so we walked over to the Grand California Hotel and got in line. As we waited our turn at the reservation counter, I struck up a conversation with one of the cast members nearby. I noticed that she was looking at my kid on a vent, so I just started telling her the whole story of Lacy. Apparently she was pretty impressed because next thing we knew we were the Magical Moments Guest of the Day, and we were being taken up to the Disney Suite at this hotel for the night! How lucky were we??? They made a big production of everything in the lobby, announcement and all. I was blown away. It was a very magical moment for our whole family.
Here is the view of our hotel...
A daytime view from the balcony! You can see Disneyland from here!
Our living room.

patio
patio
.
...and dined on the patio!
.
After our meal we went back out for a few more rides...
.
.
.
Randy is living out a life-long dream here... well, except he didn't have an actual airplane!
Getting ready for our last ride of the night!
"You guys are going to get pneumonia" Larci said
"No way" I responded
As it turns out, I got sick.
Lacy waited with Larci while mom and dad went on Pneumonia Rapids
This is the night view from our balcony!
Playing snuggle bears with aunt Larci!
Show me some muscles!
The photographer who really hooked us up! He took Lacy around and introduced her to most of the characters. (While other, less attractive kids, went ignored)
Our final ride of the night was the Matterhorn! Lacy's first time on this ride was earlier in the day. Half way through the ride she said, "I'm done, mom! I want to get off". The ride was pretty bumpy and wild, I felt badly that she had to stay on till the ride was over. I was worried that she'd freak when we went past the mosters, but as to be expected, she loved that part. By the time we pulled up to the end of the ride Lacy wanted to, "...GO AGAIN and see the monsters!"

No comments:
Post a Comment