We have decided that it is time for Lacy to learn to read. Obviously we must start with learning the alphabet! I spoke with her preschool in regards to learning her letters and numbers, and their response was:"She is simply not ready at her age. Learning her letters is a front brain activity and she is not ready to do that. We are now giving her the proper steps to get ready to do those things"
My response was:
"Cough**bull$h!t**Cough"
I'd say that her days there are numbered, but they don't teach numbers there! (HA! BAM! Yeah, I said it!) Now, I recognize that many of the kids there do have certain limitations and that is a perfect justification for such decision, but they shouldn't use some lame excuse about the front brain. Come on! (She is out of there when Randy graduates in May!)
We have started with the letter "A" this week. Of course my Lacy is so freaking brilliant that she already knows the whole story of Mr A. He starts the words "apple and alligator" and he has two sounds. She can now successfully draw an interpreted version of the letter A on her chalkboard! Go Lacy! I am doing my best to be patient and not bring out B till next week...
In other news, Lacy had a terrible reaction to her meds and we were back at the doctor again today. I tried really hard not to freak out, but in the end I think she will be okay. Unfortunately she has been taken off her meds again and we are left to simply pray that her lung infection doesn't come back even worse.
I better get to prayin'!
2 comments:
I love that you fight for your daughter and don't limit her in anyway. She is going to take mountains!!!
Sophia absolutely loves starfall.com. We think it was instrumental in her early mastery of numbers, colors and the alphabet. Now she's starting to read and mousing herself all over the site.
Post a Comment