I haven't done the Easter-egg-thing in years. With a three-year-old, we figured it was time to return to our childhood and bust out the vinegar and dye! Since I was planning on doing eggs with Lacy and my mom tomorrow, Randy wanted to do some eggs with Lacy tonight. He set up his little egg processing plant with the heart of a true scientist. (I didn't take the pics till after we were done, so some of his perfection was ruined by this point.)
My husband is truly a dichotomy of sorts. He loves all things mathematical and scientific. He loves dealing in absolutes and exactness. However, he is very creative. Personally, I don't see how the two can mix sometimes... but I tend to be more of the free spirited type! In all of Randy's excitement and idealism, he failed to realize that there really isn't room for much variety in the color world when it comes to egg dying. He presented us with such colors as: Jungle Green, Kelly Green, Maize, Plumb, Raspberry, Orange Sunset, Lime, Watermelon, and Teal! (Notice he even put his color recipe below each color!)Not surprisingly we ended up with the standard Easter egg colors: purplish-brown, orangish-pink, and greenish-blue. I think Randy was a little disappointed.
In the middle of working on my pinkish-orangish egg, I suddenly missed my sister. She always dyed the best eggs. She was always slow and thoughtful about how she would approach the color scheme of each egg, while I simply wanted to get the eggs in the color as fast as I could! It has been at least 15 years since we last colored eggs together, but I missed the smell of vinegar, the mismatched coffee cups we would use, and all of the fun we had coloring eggs. I hope one day Lacy has the same memories.
2 comments:
AW! thats an pretty rad easter egg dying set up you got there. (and husband too i might add...) the only way i could get husband to dye easter eggs is if he could do it via xbox live...
Another in the list of reasons that I need to secure employment on the west coast.
Post a Comment