Monday, September 22, 2008

Back To Coronado




Went back to Coronado Island for a quick over-night trip. (As always, Grams was the ultimate hook-up... thanks Grams!!!)




This time we brought my parents along for the ride.






Lacy was in her usual form. Funny as ever.






While in the lobby of the hotel, Lacy and my dad headed over to the plate full of cookies. When my dad asked her if she would like a cookie, her response was totally Lacy... "Well, I don't mind if I do!" What a crazy little kid!


We arrived at the beach around 11am, so we quickly parked our cars and grabbed a few beach cruisers. Randy attached the little kid cart to the back of his bike, and my parent's rode the bicycle-built-for-two. I could hear my mom singing "... I'm half crazy all for the love of you... but we'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two." as she pedaled behind my dad. And Lacy chattered behind Randy the entire ride as well. Guess my mom and Lacy are more alike that I suspected!


When we arrived at our destination (all of us a little sore in the bum). Lacy climbed out of her seat, patted her stomach and said. "all of that bike riding has made me hungry!" Randy replied, "I think all of that 'just sitting there' probably made you hungry!"


After a two hour bike ride (ok, two hour and fifteen minutes, we got lost on the way home), we put on some shorts and headed down to the beach for some serious sand castle building.





Grampy showed Lacy some of his "technique", but Lacy was more interested in chasing seagulls and playing with seaweed!
Lacy was a little hesitant at first with the ocean, but after a few minutes she was pretty content. My dad suspected that if she didn't have that trach, he could have had her out there on a boogy board. I hope she will in a few years!
One of the stranger moments of our time on the beach was this lady. She moved around the beach standing in strange poses reading her book. Sometimes she would move closer to the water, sometimes farther away. But always in some strange pose. We didn't get it.


In the end, Randy built a sand castle, and Lacy discovered that the ocean water is salty, so she spent a substantial amount of time putting her hands in the water and sucking the salt water off.

Sometimes it's just the little things in life that make all of the difference!

2 comments:

K said...

It looks like y'all had a great time! Lacy is too cute for words. I love the pics, too. The wierdo lady looks butt-naked in that pic, btw. =)

I was admiring the kelp that Lacy was dragging...are the kelp forests in that area?

Darcy @ m3b said...

Hey! Thanks for delurking to say hi,

I absolutely am a fan of ALL respiratory therapists after our NICU and peds hosp experiences. My blog title wouldn't be what it is without RTs!

So... thanks. ;)

I'm off to browse your blog and "meet" your crew.

-Darcy