Thursday, September 04, 2008

Lacy Loves Billy Joel

Sometimes I wonder what Lacy will be like when she is older. She has such a unique little personality, it could really go in any direction. My fear is that she will be the weird kid that will insist on sporting three pig tails, preferring to speak in a language that she, herself, will have made up, and marching to the beat of her own drummer to the ridicule of her peers. My hope is that she will be a leader, with a gracious heart.

But let's be honest, it could really go either way at this point.

But for now, she is simply the coolest three-year-old I have ever met.

This evening, she flipped on the TV and started watching a 1977 Billy Joel concert.

"Mom, who is that?" she asked me. "Honey, that is Billy Joel. Isn't he great?"

Lacy sat herself on the edge of our sofa and watched the Billy Joel concert for 45 minutes past her bedtime. She didn't speak a word, except between songs. At that point, she would clap and yell, "play another one, Billy!"

Her only movement was to tap her foot to the music, or pretend she was also playing the piano.

I guess, for now, Lacy is a Billy Joel fan too.

2 comments:

theonewhere said...

it could be worse. ;)

lacy cracks me up!

brook

Anonymous said...

Jo Jo, I have gotta meet this kid! Aidan prefers Techno (Castles in the Sky, to be precise). Don't ask me, I don't even listen to techno, I'm more a Billy Joel girl myself. --Amy