Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Contract...


For the most part the contract has been working well... maybe a little too well.


Lacy now swaggers into the kitchen like a foreign diplomat with total immunity.


She makes and maintains eye contact with me while she reaches for her third banana of the day, peels it apart, and stuffs it in her face. Just daring me to say something.


One of the great things about Lacy is that she's an easy read. The eyes always give her away.


Silently watching the banana-stuffing, I keenly wait to see where she glances next. I know where she's gonna look, I just have to wait for it.


Quickly she breaks eye contact with me, glances at The Contract and then back up to me.


"Yeah, it's on the list. I know. You don't have to ask" I say to her flatly.


She smirks and strolls towards the family room like the ruler of the universe.
Funny what a piece of fruit can do.






No comments: