Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Guild Wars

NOTE: This is not about accuracy of gaming... this is not for you crazy gamers who have googled Guild Wars and found this page. This is a little blog picking on my husband and a game concept that I totally don't "get" or understand. It was meant to be funny. Get over yourselves, I don't care that my facts are totally wrong. Don't comment about it. I don't care. You take this whole thing way too seriously anyways. You don't have me reading your blogs making fun of the way you can't get a real woman because you are playing these stupid games at all hours of the night... and, yes, I know my pictures are inaccurate. Let me repeat, I don't care. That was not the point.

For Christmas, Randy wanted a computer game called Guild Wars. For those of you who have never played this type of game, it is somewhat of a role-playing/ choose-your-own-adventure concept. Purchased at "Dorks-R-Us". The game is played online, allowing the player to interact with other online gamers. Each player creates a character and they are allowed to decide on the physical characteristics, clothing, and finally name their online character. (Randy has named his Psylint Wynd... I guess Breaking Wynd was taken! ha ha...yeah I said it!)
Throughout the adventure, each character is able to accomplish tasks which earn more money, rank, equipment, and various magical powers. That is all I understand about the game.
*
Now I have never "played" the game myself. I have, however, logged on and added a few touches to Randy's character... as a surprise to Randy. Mostly I spent time harassing the other online gamers. (Randy can't figure out why all of the other gamers incessantly pick on him!) The character to the right is kinda what Mr. P. Wynd looks like, a few differences would be that for some reason Randy gave him a hankerchief that he wears over his face. I decided that, just like my beloved husband, this character has severe allergies and incessant asthma. That is why he wears the hanky around his face. So with this "back story" in mind, I spent some time asking other online characters if they, "happen to know the pollen count today" or would they, "mind helping me find my inhaler, I think I dropped it somewhere near here when I was practicing my magical spell." Of course I find myself wonderfully amusing... but let me tell you, some of these gamers take this game VERY seriously. They spend HOURS and HOURS developing the character and their story line, and simply don't see the humor when I knock one of them over for, "wearing the same outfit at me, jerk".
*
Happy Gaming, Randy!

6 comments:

Becky said...

It's not nice to pick on the computer geeks, Jo.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, you got pretty much everything wrong about the game. And the screenshot you used is from a completely different game, they don't even look remotely similar.

Anonymous said...

Your just prolly some 10 year old kid who can't get his facts straight, go play tag with ur neighboors

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got very little of Guild Wars right. The picture isnt even from Guild Wars. Next time get your information right before running your mouth.

Unknown said...

Actually you're all wrong. That is Guild Wars during first release and design of the game which was in 2002-2003 I think. They decided they weren't happy with it and got the game redesigned to its current look now.

So before you go flaming the poster, get your facts right.

holly* said...

bahaha! jo, you 10yr old n00b!!!!

geez. people take themselves so seriously. really? someone cant see the humor in a wife poking fun of her husband? (they better not read my blog then...) what the heck! apparently those "gamers" need too use their l33t sklz to get some action outside of their online worlds, then, just maybe, they can empathize. (this coming from the woman who TECHNICALLY met her husband while playing mmorpg)

flame on little gamers. jo finds you amusing. flame on.