Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Muffin Man?


Recently, I stepped out of my comfort zone and went dancing at a local nightclub. I was convinced by my friends that I should put my school books away for a few hours and dance, dance, dance. Since there was no cover charge, I decided that I might as well go.

As it turns out, Tuesday night is Muffin Top night. (Yup, click on the words Muffin Top to learn what exactly it is!) I was horrified to see tons of women wearing tight jeans with upper body fat spilling over the top. It was wrong on so many levels. Who would go outside looking like that? Who let these girls go outside like that? NO! Ladies of the Inland Empire, a roll of fat is not sexy. As I watched these "ladies" gyrate around on the dance floor, it became apparent why there was no cover charge on this particular evening. The boys were going to need every penny they brought to buy alcohol at the bar. I did not think there was enough alcohol in the bar to convince me that PDMT (Public Display of Muffin Top~~ my new term) was acceptable. As it turns out... two drinks later I found my muffin top absolutely hysterical. And I have the pics on my cell phone to prove it! I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that this picture picture of me DWMT (Dancing With Muffin Top) takrn by my phone just didn't turn out like I had hoped. Oh well. But one picture did take...there it is... in all of it's glory. My Muffin Top!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I have spent many nights in prayer hoping that God would erase all the visual memories from that evening, I realized that we were one more month in Missouri away from being the cream of the crop, proudly displaying our muffin tops like bakers at a church bake sale.

Becky said...

THAT'S why I don't like muffins... now it's all clear!

Anonymous said...

I can always count on you when I need a laugh!! You actually already helped me have a better day.

Anonymous said...

well the top of the muffin is the best...ask Elaine on Seinfeld. Even the homeless wouldnt take just the stump!

PS where was my invite?!

Kat in da Hat said...

That is hysterical. I'm coming to visit.