We have had a very busy weekend... I wasn't sure how to blog each one of them separately, so I decided to just produce a blog goulash of the past few days...
Sunday we drove out to Rancho Mirage to meet Aunt Rose. She is my mother's mother's sister. (Follow that?)That would make her Great Aunt Rose. She's more along the lines of Terrific Aunt Rose, unfortunately that doesn't roll off the tongue as well. But I digress... I come from a family that simply isn't close in the relative arena. To be honest, I doubt I could pick most of them out of a line up. We are all scattered to the four corners of the earth (OK not really just different states) and we all have different lives. That being said, it was nice to meet a "grandparent type". Sitting there listening to her tell a few stories, I thought to myself, "this woman may quite possibly be the perfect grandparent prototype!" Aunt Rose is a regular lurker on my blog and she told me that she has finally figured out how to find my blog when she wants to, "but really," she told me, "I didn't start using the computer until I was eighty"! How cool is she? Hi Aunt Rose! We had a blast at your house, and your lunch was fantastic!
That is Aunt Rose in the middle, with my mom and my sister and Lacy. Funny how it took an adoption to get someone in the family that looks like me!

Lacy has learned how to play well with her grandfather!

Yesterday we were super blessed to meet with a mother and daughter who have CCHS! The were wonderful and gave us so much information. Even more than that, they are nice and funny and normal people. (Sometimes I manage to find very strange people) It was a great meeting and I am so encouraged about things right now! Here is a pic of Lacy and Michaelene (who also reads my blog!). Hy guys... thanks again!!!

Here is a picture of Lacy when we got home later that evening. She wanted to wear her rain boots to sleep. Too cute. She asked me more than once when we were going to go back and meet her "new friends". She really liked Michaelene and her mom Michele!

Finally, I thought I was pretty creative and Lacy liked it too. Just a quick breakfast with bananas, peanut butter and blackberries and then cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Lacy pounded it all down! Score!

4 comments:
Why does mom look 3 inches taller than me?
Can I come live with you? I want my breakfast to look like that!
Hey Becky,
Remember me? Your long lost 2nd cousin pen pal? I love your blog, Gram (Aunt Rose) told me to check it out. She sure had a good time with all of you! Talk to you soon.
Tam
OOPS! I guess I should have left Becky a message on her blog....Hi JO! You and Lacy are adorable! Gram (Aunt Rose :) loved having you all at her place. She told me all about it. Wish I could have been there too.
xoxo
Tam
Post a Comment