Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Depository

One of the many struggles that kids with CCHS deal with is GI issues. Lacy is chronically constipated and, forgive my frankness, often craps like a college frat boy. Her stool is truly awe inspiring. Sometimes I am utterly amazed that she is able to get something that large out of a bottom so small.

All day long she seemed to be struggling with the whole thing. Randy told me that she had spent nearly 30 minutes trying to get things moving to no avail. Tonight she was, again, giving it her all. I asked her if she needed some help, and she said yes. Poor thing had no idea that a suppository was what she was gettin'. I had her bend over and try to spit on her toes (it was the best I could do for distraction at the moment). Of course she thought this was a grand idea because she is not usually allowed to spit! So while she was trying to spit on her toes, I found the little suppository a new home. She screamed. "OUCH!!! What was that, it huuuurt." I played dumb, "What are you talking about? What happened?" She wasn't buying my line so I 'fessed up. "That was a suppository, Lace. It helps you get the poop out". Like I said, it did.

Later on, right before bedtime I told her to go in the bathroom and try to see if anything would come out. By then I had forgotten all about the poop incident and just didn't want her to wet the bed. Lacy told me that she didn't have to. I insisted that she try. She looked at me right in the face, hands on her hips, eyes squinted in total suspicion and asked me point-blank, "Are you giving me another depository?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Work has been soooo busy, so I'm just now getting five minutes to do what's more important than WORK. =)

Sooo funny about the depository! And the Disney denomination of religion Lacy has chosen. That has to be the funniest prayer I've heard! And Happy Birthday Randy!

Hope you're doing well Jo!

Anonymous said...

Call me next time...we have a good remedy that works great for Regan...