Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fishing Pole

Lately Lacy has been asking for a fishing pole so she can go fishing. We fully expect her imagination to completely surpass the actual fishing experience (I believe that she mentioned something about cutting a hole in the ice to fish), but maybe we'll get lucky.

Lace decided to take action today and hit her Grampy up for ten bucks so she could get her pink princess fishing pole. She scored the ten bucks and promptly headed off to purchase the coveted fishing pole.

Here is Lacy telling us what we are about to do...

Here is Lacy thanking her Grandparents...

And here is Lacy telling how big the fish will be and how many she's bringing home!

The entire drive home Lacy asked over and over if Daddy would take the pole out of the packaging. Even as we walked up to the house she persisted. Finally after things were all settled down he started to take the packing off of the pole. At that point she began to tell him:

"Dad, you need to read the instructions on the back first!"

"Lacy, I think I can figure out how to work a fishing pole without the instructions!"

"No Dad, I'm serious. You need to read the instructions first!"

"Do you want this pole or not?"

I wish I had managed to catch THAT on video. Those two crack me up with their bickering!

3 comments:

terilynnh2000 said...

I didn't think it was possible for that girl to get ANY cuter but, there she goes again!! Can't wait to hear how ice fishing in Cali with a pink princess pole goes. lol

The Jessie James Gang said...

I'm visiting you by way of Monk's Wife's blog.
You know, you can just tell from looking at her face that that one will keep you entertained for many years to come. She's adorable. Isn't it amazing how much better anything looks (to a 4 year old) if it has princesses on it?

Anonymous said...

i was just sitting here, thinking i needed a dose of lacy...and so i had to come back and watch the fishing pole videos again. seriously, your daughter is so adorable...how do you stand it?
brook