Saturday, February 07, 2009

Lacy Swooped On My Date!

While standing in my bathroom, doing my hair and makeup and getting ready for our second dinner alone since Lacy came home in 07.

L: Mom, you wanna play with me? I brought my crayons and stickers up here for us!

Me: Nope, not right now kiddo! I've got a hot date with daddy!

L: I wanna go. I like to go on dates!

Me: Nope! We are flying solo tonight. You are going to go play with Grams for the evening!

L: You know, daddy takes me on dates all of the time because I am his favorite girl!

Me: (concentrating on my make-up) Uh huh, yes you are.

L: And he takes me on dates ALL OF THE TIME, YOU KNOW!

Me: (still not paying too much attention) Yup, all of the time, Lace!

L: I'm gonna marry daddy some day. I think you are trying to take MY date, mom!

Me: Not even close, Lace. He's taken. I marred him already. You have to find your own, shorty!

L: (turning to the imaginary people in the room) Alright boys, round her up, she's trying to take my date!

Me: Lacy! Kick rocks. Get lost. Let me get ready, please.

I can hear Lacy going down stairs and then I hear this whispered statement:

L: Hey dad, you're gonna take JUST ME on a date tonight, RIGHT?

Luckily, my awesome husband who was completely unaware of what Lacy was in the middle of doing, set her straight. She was NOT pleased. My husband still rocks.

Does Lacy play dirty or what?

1 comment:

terilynnh2000 said...

Holy cow, I love where this girl lives!! Especially, that she thinks her imaginary friends can kick your butt!