Friday, February 27, 2009

A Prayer

When Lacy came to live with us back in 07, the majority of her belongings that she had were tossed. Among the few items I saved was a bible that her birth mom had allegedly left for her. (I actually mentioned this bible to her b/m the one and only time I met her, and she affirmed that the bible was a gift from her to Lacy).

Over the last few days during all of the "other mother drama" I brought the bible out and told Lacy her mother had left it for her. (Now, I'm not one to judge here...) buuuuut the bible is pretty dumpy. (Heretic, I know!) It's King James version, but whatever. It's all Lacy has of her other mother.

Tonight Lacy asked to see the bible again, so I pulled it out and let her take it to bed. I told her that I didn't want her to ruin this lovely memory (I do have a heart, I really do!) so I'd be happy to buy her a nice kid's bible to enjoy!

"Oh yes", she said. "But can it be pink with sparkles?"

"Ummm... I don't really know if they make pink sparkly bibles"

So as Lacy climbed into bed she prayed, "Dear God, please may I have a pink bible with sparkles... even if the sparkles can only be on one side. Amen."

I am now trying to figure out how to get a pink bible with sparkles! Anyone know where to get a Liberace version of the bible?

NOTE: awwww yeahhhh! I found a pink bible right here!... now I just need some sparkles!

1 comment:

theonewhere said...

what about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Princess-Bible-Pink-International-Childrens/dp/1400309875